Thursday, August 20, 2009

70. Visit a Chiropractor

Today I completed # 70 on my list.

I've been meaning to see a chiropractor for quite some time. I have poor posture, even when I think I'm standing up straight I find out I'm not. I frequently wake up with a "crick" in my back or some other mystery pain that typically resolves itself in a few days. This week I woke up in a world of hurt. In the midst of making my 101 list I decided NOW is the time to get this stuff checked out once and for all.

This morning was my first appt. We talked a little about my chief complaint ( neck/ shoulder pain). He did a quick spinal exam and took Xrays. Since the X rays weren't developed yet there wasn't much he could do in the way of an adjustment until after they were reviewed. I was brought to a room with soft music on the radio and got to lay down on a nifty table that starts standing up and lays you down automatically. AHHH That was a relief since I can hardly move on my own right now. The person who invented that gets my heartfelt gratitude! He put on some gel and electrical pads that massaged the area around my spine. Very relaxing. For 10 minutes. Then I was forced to re enter the real world, how cruel.

BUT I get to go back on Monday. Monday can't come soon enough. Cool packs and Advil for the weekend. Maybe some sympathy from my family. How many of my 101 things can I accomplish this weekend from my bed??

4 comments:

Mike said...

You seemed to be doing okay today. Good for you on checking in with the chiropracter! I did the same thing when I realized that I don't want to move like an "old man" when I really get older. I'm playing a lot of basketball now, and enjoy staying active, and I want to try and keep it that way.

Anonymous said...

Purchase one of those modest hands-presented decorative mirrors like your dental practitioner employs within his place of work. It can assist you to area oral plaque and tarter develop-up in places not available to the human eye alone and can help you when you've got anything stuck in between tooth. You can even use it to examine your mouth for anomalies which could show underlying health issues. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Vi7765ity[/url]

Anonymous said...

In terms of tents, you must realize that greater may not be far better. Understand that you are likely to ought to drag your tent for the campsite. To make certain that your tent is not really too large so that you can haul and set up, examination it in your own home initial. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Dividfr5y4en[/url]

Anonymous said...

You cannot fix each of the world's problems, and a lot more particularly, you can not constantly handle all that you have to do. Being concerned regarding the results of every circumstance are only able to cause you misery. Pause within your every day regimen and commit a short while contemplating everything you have read on this page, and use the skills to help you cope.Don't Fully grasp Your Phone? These Guidelines May Help! [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Hou4445r[/url]