Friday, August 28, 2009

Did I save? Or didn't I?



Number 17 is document $500 in coupon savings. So far I have documented $74.87 ($54.87 on one day and 20 on the other) but did I really save? I was following the grocery store advertised specials. There were a lot of BOGO deals and 10 for $10 deals so I stocked up. But the question is "did I save over all?" If I had bought a store brand item would it have been cheaper anyway? HMMMM. After the first shopping trip I started to question this so immediately I went to iTunes and downloaded an app for my iTouch to set up a price book. My goal is to sift through some old receipts and add items to my price book. Then each week as I look for special coupon deals I'll know if it REALLY is a deal. I also belong to www.couponmom.com and www.thegrocerygame.com but they don't usually compare the prices to store brand daily prices. The Grocery Game is a paid site I'll have to deduct my payment from the amount saved or unsubscribe from the service. But either way with my price book I'll always know if the savings are truly earned. PS I brought my cloth bags today total - 3 times

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked your article about using a Price Book. Can you tell me which Price Book you downloaded from the iTunes app store?

Jim

Mel said...

It is called PriceBook Comparison Shopper. The icon is a Red Book with a Dollar sign on it