Thursday, August 27, 2009

Turtle Hatchings!!!





No I didn't fail #1 NO NEW PETS. The incubating eggs were a "pre-existing condition". Mama turtle layed her eggs in an unprotected location in the middle of our yard on July 2nd. We carefully removed them from the hole right side up and incubated them at around 84 degrees. 56 days later they are hatching. There were 9 in total and so far 3 have begun to emerge. We will keep them for a few days and when the weather is nice and sunny we will release them back toward the lake.

2. Declutter - a few days ago I spent a good part of my day removing everything from and reorganizing my bedroom closet. I was in and out all day but I counted it as a solid 3 hours of decluttering time to bring my total to 5 hours.

In the process I set aside 12 nice items to donate to Good Will ( #42)

39. Have a Home Energy Audit - This was completed on August 26. It will be another 2-3 weeks before the full report comes in. I do know that my windows are still good but I need PILES of extra insulation in the attic. The woman who did the audit was shocked by my home heating bills. When she writes up the report she will estimate the cost of the improvements vs the cost saving it will generate to help point out areas where I will get the most bang for my buck. I learned that my refrigerator uses $20 of electricity each month and that is very high ( average is $8 / month for refrigerators newer than 1997) Turns out I am supposed to get UNDER it and vacuum out the coils once a month! Who knew? I cleaned it out (#40). Maybe my electric bill will go down now.

No comments: